Sunday, October 19, 2014

La Vie Est Belle


Within soft hued rues placed beneath pale skies, I found the likeness of myself in a city so beauteous that's immortalized in artist's eyes.

I've been delaying this post for weeks as I can never find the right words to explain my sentiments towards the city that brought the greatest love affair I have known.  The grandeur in its simplicity baffles my every being and I can never compare it to the words that have shaped my knowledge of Paris.  This enchantment of a city possesses all the desires I wish to express.  For no other architecture has stolen my breath, I deeply hold the french aesthetic within my heart.  Darling monuments made way for the historic tales the pavement contains; I never grew tired of walking.  No exasperating sighs, no annoying whining of feet's ardor, it was a dream amongst reality.

To be honest (and in no way cliché, although it has been said before) I truly found myself in Paris.  I was one amongst the rest, no imprudent eyes made way when this tongue of mine spoke the language in an awkwardly stuttered form.  The smiles of the locals reassured me of kindness and love as their helpful manners made my stay an oh so lovely one.  To squash the rumors of the Parisians and their relationship with the english speakers, no rudeness was perceived when I gave up and gabbed in english.  Their joyous ways made my (then) terrible french seem as a minor setback when finding my way throughout the métro and rues.  

Oh, the culture.  How I wish to walk amongst it once again.  The beauty of it lies in their deep amour for the arts.  I can fairly say, never in my life have I been to the Opera for 12 euros, be able to sit in an opera box (just like Anna Karenina or Anastasia might I add) and let it be surrounded by a admixture of young and elder viewers.  The accessibility one has in this city is far beyond I could have imagined.  You taste life, it enriches you to the very core.  The fast paced trails of the métro gently swayed in a leisurely manner as I was entranced by the very loveliness I read in classic novels that could be seen from my window.  

Although the variety of eye candy that walked in impeccably dressed suits made me have premature ventricular contractions, I can never forget my facial expression when I saw a whole stuffed baguette for 3 euros (drink included).  And sometimes people ask me why I am obsessed with France, isn't this reason enough?  La nurriture est incroyablement délicieux, french cuisine is simply mouth watering for a gal who is accustomed to tropical dishes.  Their attention to detail warmths this very heart as architecture and design is being seen wherever you direct yourself.


Out of all the museums, I will never get over Musée d'Orsay.  When these eyes finally admired the work of Edgar Degas in person I could not contain the emotion.  It silences you, creating a bond for that moment within fragments of time.  Garden filled spaces created the notion of relaxation as it showed you to enjoy life's simplicities while taking it all in.  After all that is said, I still cannot put into paragraphs my impression on this grand affair.

How to explain my deep amour for this lover?   Words are but mere instruments that have yet to known their melody.  

Stay Lovely,
Francheska Natalia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates made by pipdig